Sunday, December 1, 2013

Bruiser by Neal Shusterman

Synopsis:
"There’s a reason why Brewster can’t have friends – why he can’t care about too many people. Because when he cares about you, things start to happen. Impossible things that can’t be explained. I know, because they're happening to me."

When Brontë starts dating Brewster “Bruiser” Rawlins – the guy voted “Most Likely to Get the Death Penalty” her twin brother, Tennyson, isn’t surprised. But then strange things begin to occur. Tennyson and Brontë’s scrapes heal unnaturally fast, and cuts disappear before their eyes. What at first seems like their good fortune turns out to be more than they bargained for…much more.

 My Rating
-5/5-
Love Neal Shusterman's book so while I was looking at titles from my library and came across this book I just had to read it.
This book was funny in the beginning but it soon became sad and great and just filled with all kinds of emotions from the characters. I loved how it made me feel I loved some of the sadness in the book. It was just really good beginning to end.
I loved the characters too, this book jumps between the 4 characters perspectives Brewster, Cody, Tennyson and Brontë. I loved all four characters and how they acted towards things.
I also like how each one when its there turn to tell something they sound all completely different. What Cody says is clearly different then how 
Brontë tells things. Also Tennyson explains things in a whole different way Brewster does, Brewster even comes with a whole different writing style sort of in poems which I have to say was pretty neat.
I also loved where the story ended most authors would have ended it half way threw. Half way threw there was a point where the story could have just ended and no one would have thought to much about it but it just goes on to make a great story even better.
I love Neal Shusterman's work he is one of my favorite authors and 'Bruiser' is such a good book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment