Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee

Synopsis:
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

My Rating
-5/5-

So first off I first read this book during the month of April this year, and I just reread it. I usually hardly ever reread books cause I can remember most of the details in them. I remembered just about all the details in this book, but decided to reread it before I read the second book because it didn't feel right if I didn't. Plus this gives me a reason to do a review on this book.
So the fact that I felt the need to read this is a sign it is for sure one of my favorites.
Lets start out with one of my favorite things about this book and that is our main character Miss Penryn. She is really strong and really smart. She doesn't want to fight all the angels she just wants to take care of the people she cares about. Which I just loved! I also liked her back round and her fighting skills. Real fighting skills more then what you see on tv for fighting. It was obvious that Susan Ee knew a thing or two about fighting or actually looked it up.
Another thing I just loved was the scene of everything, everything was just described so well it was easy to picture it in your head! Always love when you can do that makes everything feel so much more real.
Now for Raffe, I like his character too. Forbidden romance is always kind of fun to read about. Hopefully though the second book doesn't come with a love Triangle, I don't know how many people like those but they do get boring after a while.
Lastly the ending is one of the best it is unexpected and just a really good ending, it was weird and scary and even heartbreaking. 
If this book sounds interesting, pick it up and read it with out a second thought, if you have already read this book comment I would love to hear what you have to say. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment