Monday, February 10, 2014

XVI (XVI #1) by Julia Karr

Synopsis:
Every girl gets one.
An XVI tattoo on the wrist--sixteen.


Some girls can't wait to be sixteen, to be legal. Nina is not one of them. Even though she has no choice in the matter, she knows that so long as her life continues as normal, everything will be okay.

Then, with one brutal strike, Nina's normal is shattered; and she discovers that nothing that she believed about her life is true. But there's one boy who can help--and he just may hold the key to her past.

But with the line between attraction and danger as thin as a whisper, one thing is for sure...

For Nina, turning sixteen promises to be anything but sweet

My Rating
-3/5-
First off I have to point out how much I hate this cover. I'm not really sure why but I just hate it, all well.
Second I see a lot of people either hated or loved this book. I found it okay. It wasn't bad to read. I mean sure at the beginning it was hard to know what everything was. Also the world they lived in was completely horrible. It did fall short and I wish there was a little more to it. I mean Nina faced a lot of problems but they were the same from beginning to the end. None of the problems ever changed so it got uninteresting fast. Also I hated Nina, I just didn't like her I think it's how she looked at stuff or just how she handled with problems. I mean at times I thought she was smart but then she would do stupid things like leave her sister alone.
Aside all the problems and things I disliked about it I thought it was a good book. I loved the horrible world they live in. It was unique in ways. I also think after reading this book that I really wanna read the next book, I also hope to see who wins NoCons or B.O.S.S! (Hope I got that right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment