Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) by Veronica Rossi

Synopsis:
WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.

DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.

My Rating
-4/5-
After a couple chapters into this book I was so lost. Nothing made sense and I was really confused. I hated it. I'm not one to stop reading a book though because I dislike it. I kept reading and soon everything made so much sense and it turned out to be a really good book.
Aria lives in like a futuristic world. Which I guess is very protective and advanced. They keep everything unnecessary away like growth of fingernails. They have Realms where you can be somewhere else at any time. They also have ways to change DNA.
Perry on the other hand lives outside the advanced society in a tribe. They cook with fire. They hunt. Not advanced at all really.
Then the two come together and honestly it's pretty interesting. They both go searching for people they have lost and together they have a chance at finding them.
Aria and Perry have a unique relationship. They don't really hate each other but they don't like each other. More of they are just working together for the most part and most of the time. It's not where like extreme hate just turns into love, because there wasn't that much hate more like dislike.
I like both Perry and Aria they are good characters who would go really far for the people they love.
I also really liked other characters in the story like Roar. At first it was weird reading his name in the book but once you get past the weirdness of the name he is a cool side character in the story. Also Cinder was a pretty awesome characters.
Between the characters and Aria and Perry trying to find each who they are looking for it's a pretty good story. I'm glad I read it all the way though. Especially because it had a good ending.
I wonder if the next book is just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment