Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1) by Beth Revis

Synopsis:
A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder. 

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

My Rating
-4/5-
First thing I noticed when reading this book is that it has 80 chapters. 80!!!!! that's just a lot of chapters. But they are different points of view first Amy then Elder then Amy then Elder and it just keeps repeating. The chapters aren't really long which was nice. One thing that I didn't like about the changing point of views is it gave a lot of reason for things to be skipped, also I wanted to know what Amy thought during Elder's point of view and vise versa. All well.
One thing I liked about Elder and Amy is that they were about 16 or 17 but both acted like little kids now and then. Which I think is realistic a bit, they act how I would probably act in their situations.
The book is a little slow and maybe slightly boring at the begging but once the closer it gets the end the more exciting it gets. It had a pretty good ending too. Lots of shocking things happened. Also just amazing all the lies that unfold in this book! 
I really enjoyed this book and I hope to continue with the series. 


2 comments:

  1. This looks really interesting! I've heard about this book before and I thought it was a bit scary to think about. If I see it around, I might pick it up.

    http://theunironicnerd.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the synopsis makes it sounds kinda scary I guess. I mean she awakes early and someone was trying to kill her? Honestly though it isn't really scary at all though.

      Delete