Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Guard (The Selection #2.5) by Kiera Cass

Synopsis:
Before America Singer met Prince Maxon . . . 
Before she entered the Selection . . . 
She was in love with a boy named Aspen Leger.

Don't miss this digital original novella set in the captivating world of Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection trilogy. This brand new 64-page story begins just after the group of Selected girls is narrowed down to the Elite and is told from Aspen's point of view. The Guard also features a teaser to The One, the thrilling conclusion to The Selection trilogy.

My Rating
-4/5-
Usually I don't rate novellas higher then 3/5 but this one I loved. I loved seeing Aspens point of view. This novella takes place during the time the second book take place. So you get to see Aspen's side of things and how they match up with America's side. What's different and added information. What Aspen goes though.
Also I really loved seeing how much Aspen loves Mer. He basically loves her so much that if he had to let her go for her to be happy and in a good position he would. Though only if she was going to be treated right and what not.
The first 2 books of the series and The Prince novella made me so unsure about who I wanted America to end up with. I'm still not sure but I'm now leaning more towards Aspen.
Oh also this novella has a teaser to The One the last book in the series. Now I won't read it because I want to read the whole book at once but I can't wait tell the book comes out so I can finally see how it all ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment