Sunday, June 15, 2014

Rebel (Reboot #2) by Amy Tintera

Synopsis:
After coming back from death as Reboots and being trained by HARC as soldiers, Wren and Callum have finally escaped north, where they hope to find a life of freedom. But when they arrive at the Reboot Reservation, it isn't what they expected. Under the rule of a bloodthirsty leader, Micah, the Reboots are about to wage an all-out war on the humans. Although Wren's instincts are telling her to set off into the wilderness on their own and leave the battle far behind, Callum is unwilling to let his human family be murdered. When Micah commits the ultimate betrayal, the choice is made for them. But Micah has also made a fatal mistake . . . he's underestimated Wren and Callum.

The explosive finale to the Reboot duology is full of riveting action and steamy love scenes as Wren and Callum become rebels against their own kind.

My Rating
-3/5-
First of all I'm curious if this will only be a two book series? If so I wouldn't mind too much because I fill like there is a lot of trilogies in YA dystopian books now a days and it would be nice to have a change.
Though I would also like to know what happens after this? They fought a lot of the main problem so there isn't really anywhere a story can go and be exciting. Or at least it would be hard to do. But to have like a few novellas or something? That would be pretty cool. Like maybe one for the beginning of the series like what Wren's life was before she died? Or maybe one about the girl at the end of this book and what happens to her? Maybe? Idk. I just feel like I need more. These two books are just not enough and I need more.
I liked how there was the two points of view Callum's and Wren's. I liked how Wren became more human and caring, while Callum became more in charge. It's like they rubbed off on each other. 
I felt like something was missing in this book though. You have the connection between Wren and Callum but it felt kind of weak and maybe that was part of it. You had the problems and conflict but it seemed so easily resolved so maybe some of the excitement was lost? I'm unsure as to really what felt off about this book though, it was a slight let down after reading the first book and liking that so much. 
As of now I'm just curious as well there be anymore books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment