Saturday, June 7, 2014

Kahayatle (Apocalypsis #1) by Elle Casey

Synopsis:
My name's Bryn Mathis. I'm seventeen years old, and I live in a neighborhood outside of Orlando, Florida. I live alone because my dad died almost a year ago, along with all the other adults in the world. I'm almost out of food and the gangs of kids that roam around my town are getting more vicious by the day. 

It's time for me to leave and find another place to live … a place where I can find food and shelter … a place where they won't be able to find me. 

Alone, it might have been possible; but now I've got company. I'm worried that I don't have what it takes to get from here to my final destination. 

And I have no idea what might be waiting for me when I get there.

My Rating
-3.5/5-

It took me a awful long time to read this book. Only because it was a eBook and I had 2 ereaders break down on me in that time. My luck was horrible, but I finally got a new nook and was able to finish reading it.
It was a good book. A little weird but good. Bryn the main character is a kick-ass girl with lots of smarts. She knows what she is doing. When she finds Peter she and him try to find safety in a world where there is no adults and kids have started to go crazy. Along the way they find Bodo a German exchange student who got stuck in the US when all the adults die. Together they go off and find safety.
These three together make a good team, they are funny at times but also strong pushing each other along and looking out for one another. 
What surprised me was when I got to the end of the book, I thought "How did they get there?" They had such a journey to where they were and the middle to the end was such a big part of the story that made the begging to middle feel like it was forever far away and something not to worry about. Which was cool so you keep your mind focused on the now and future for Bryn and everyone else. I liked that part of it. 
Also I like how kick-ass Bryn is, she knows how to fight and protect herself she also has enough common sense to get herself far.

Oh also this book is basically a cliff hanger. So be warned if you think its something you might like. I really wish I was able to read the rest of the series soon just so I don't have to deal with guessing as to what happens next. Unfortunately im swamped with books for now so it will be a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment