Friday, May 30, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Synopsis:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.
My Rating
-3.5/5-

A movie is coming out on this book and people just go on and on about this book. So I picked it up and read it. It only took me a day to read but I keep putting it down. Maybe books like this just aren't really my thing and maybe that's why I didn't really enjoy it tons. I'm unsure. It was a wonderful book with a cute love story and funny characters that you love and just want to root for. For me though I just couldn't really get into it that much. I'm unsure of as to why and for a few people out there you might have the same problem but from what I can tell most people love this book.
It wasn't about cancer really at all it had characters who had cancer but it was more about love. Not just Augustus and Hazels love but about how they love other people and other things. How just having people there can help.
The whole story was pretty good. The beginning to the end. How not everything was happy or sad or funny. It was a good balance of all emotions which really brought the story together. For most it would probably be a roll coaster of emotions to read this book. 
Sorry it isn't rated higher for all the people who are in love with this book but I just didn't feel it. For me I couldn't get into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment