Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Giver (The Giver Quartet #1) by Lois Lowry

Synopsis:
Jonas' world is perfect. Everything is under control. There is no war or fear or pain. There are no choices. Every person is assigned a role in the Community. When Jonas turns twelve, he is singled out to receive special training from The Giver. The Giver alone holds the memories of the true pain and pleasure of life. Now, it is time for Jonas to receive the truth. There is no turning back.
My Rating
-3.5/5-

When I first started reading this book I hadn't the slightest clue what it was about. 
The Giver was a really good book. A dystopian world where there is no pain and no hurt and no fear it's perfect. When Jonas starts getting memories from the Giver he sees how horrible things are. 
This book really makes you think and it's hard to imagine a world like this and it's really interesting. 
It was a really good book one that is hard to explain but really gets you. 
The ending was so great. You don't see many endings like this one. I didn't expect it to happen and so it was shocking. 
Some things I didn't like though it wasn't very descriptive. Also the ending it left me wondering so much and I don't really like that. I wish I knew more of what happened after he left. Though it's also cool that you don't know what happened because it lets you think about it yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment