Sunday, April 13, 2014

White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Synopsis:
One kiss could be the last 

Seventeen-year-old Layla just wants to be normal. But with a kiss that kills anything with a soul, she's anything but normal. Half demon, half gargoyle, Layla has abilities no one else possesses. 

Raised among the Wardens—a race of gargoyles tasked with hunting demons and keeping humanity safe—Layla tries to fit in, but that means hiding her own dark side from those she loves the most. Especially Zayne, the swoon-worthy, incredibly gorgeous and completely off-limits Warden she's crushed on since forever. 

Then she meets Roth—a tattooed, sinfully hot demon who claims to know all her secrets. Layla knows she should stay away, but she's not sure she wants to—especially when that whole no-kissing thing isn't an issue, considering Roth has no soul. 

But when Layla discovers she's the reason for the violent demon uprising, trusting Roth could not only ruin her chances with Zayne…it could brand her a traitor to her family. Worse yet, it could become a one-way ticket to the end of the world.

My Rating
4.5/5
Gosh! Another great amazing book by Jennifer L. Armentrout. To think I would have never even got this book if it wasn't for who wrote it. I'm so glad I read this book. So amazing. The plot was filled with such great surprises. Most you couldn't even see coming. The love Triangle is interesting for sure and it will be weird to see where that is going. Hopefully it won't be to horrible, i'm not big on love triangles. 
Layla is a interesting character who is pretty kick ass and trying to be a more of a Warden at the beginning of the book. Only the Wardens know who she is and what she can do so she can't even tell her best friends. What a secret to be able to keep like that. 
Roth. Now smoking hot demon who starts hanging around Layla. Those two are together are so awesome. 
Zayne a Warden. Also who Layla is in love with but can't be with because she would take his soul. I like Zayne he is really protective over Layla. Though he does mess up way to much and he does kind of hurt Layla a bit. 
I don't know which character I want her to end up with because ummm well both are just so awesome. 
Can't wait to see how the rest of the books come out and are like. 

JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT is one of the best authors I think. I haven't found a single book of hers i haven't loved yet.




Spoilers:
Okay now onto the spoilers. Roth and Layla so have a connection going on. "the Devil's Advocate" Which was in the back of my book and from Roth's perspective you can totally see that He loves Layla even though it was pretty obvious without that there. I think Layla and Roth are so cute. <3 Roth isn't all evil he has a soft spot for her and it is so cute. He also saves her a few times during the book which makes him her night in shinning armor. 
Zayne cares about Layla as for how much isn't all that clear because it really is hard to tell. I think like Layla he knows there can't be anything between them because she would suck out his soul. Also Abbot Zayne's father would never approve of Zayne with a demon even only a half demon. So maybe somewhere in the series he will end up with Danika? I don't know we will have to see.
Now for what Layla is half gargoyle and half demon. But she is daughter of Warden Elijah and demon Lilith? Whoa that is so weird so her dad hated her and wanted to kill her while her mom wanted to have her to start a apocalypses. That is so messed up. Poor Layla then Abbot who raised her from as long as she could remember lied to her the whole time. I mean that is pretty sucky I would really hate to be Layla. I mean seriously. 
I guess the last part I can think of right now is Roth at the end how he goes to save Layla and even Zayne I mean wow. It seems he only saved Zayne for Layla which is amazing im so glad he did that but I'm so sad he had to go. It was slightly heart breaking. Though at the end how Layla thinks he is around and the chain appears when it wasn't there a minute ago I liked that a lot. So maybe Roth will return. Boy I hope so I'm actually counting on it. I don't know what I would do if we never seen Roth again. 
Oh no this is the last part. Roth's tattoo's apparently the three little cats. Awww how cute was that Roth and little kittens. It was so adorable. Then there is the snake Bambi. Bambi is awesome eating the devils and what not. I also loved how she ended up on Layla that was awesome. It is like Layla has a little bit of Roth and someone to help her kick ass in trouble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment