Saturday, January 11, 2014

Gilded Promise (Gilded Feathers #3) by J. Woods

Synopsis:
Drowning endlessly in her sorrow, Chloe Collins tries desperately to breathe life back into the lost girl Cole has become. But as she refuses to let go of memories past, her journal remains the only escape from her constant inner turmoil. 
In the midst of it all Chloe is enchanted in her own passionate romance with the rogue and untamed Tommy. Their love is tested against the uprising of demons from the past in a time where it seems everyone is hiding secrets. 
Captivated in the battle between love and betrayal Chloe faces new obstacles and the undulating force of a gilded promise.

This New Adult book is intended for readers over the age of 18 due to adult language, sexual content and adult situations.

My Rating
-3/5-
This is the third book in the Gilded Feathers Series, Gilded Promises is in Chloe's point of view. I also believe (but am not sure) it takes place around 9 months after the last book. It has flash backs to fill you in but I believe most of it is 9 months after the last book ended.
I didn't really enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed the first two, but that is probably because I missed Cole so much. I just love Cole and not having her tell the story made me a little sad.
At first the book is focused on Cole but then quickly becomes more about Chloe's life. Which is cool because we have the chance to see what Chloe is like, her life and what her and Tommy are like. We also get to know new people like Chloe's sister.
Even though it's a lot about Chloe every now and then we get a journal entry from Cole, so we know what's going on in Cole's life too which I love because if Cole was completely cut out I would probably stop reading. Also Cole writes some of her dreams in there and a lot of them seem like they are the same person. I know there is probably a reason for that but I have no clue what the reason is yet. 
This book has lots of details that raised questions for me and didn't really give me the answers and I am so confused and have no clue on what is going to happen. Or even what has happened. There is some mystery right now. Hopefully the last book in the series will clear that up!
Didn't love it as much as the first two but still a good book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment