Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Feedback (Variant #2) by Robison Wells

Synopsis:
Benson Fisher escaped from Maxfield Academy’s deadly rules and brutal gangs.

Or so he thought.

But now Benson is trapped in a different kind of prison: a town filled with hauntingly familiar faces. People from Maxfield he saw die. Friends he was afraid he had killed.

They are all pawns in the school’s twisted experiment, held captive and controlled by an unseen force. As he searches for answers, Benson discovers that Maxfield Academy’s plans are more sinister than anything he imagined—and they may be impossible to stop.

I didn't like the first book but I thought I would read the second book and see if it was any better, because you know some times the first book is bad but the rest of the books in a series can be really good.
I can't say I cared much for this book though. It starts right where the last book left off which isn't bad but unless you read the first book, then this one right afterwards it can be confusing. They don't go back an explain anything like other books would. Which would have been really helpful. They don't describe any of the characters really which makes it just like it could be anyone. 
I Don't know. I wish the characters were more detailed, especially Benson. I felt like Benson wasn't really there I had no clue why he was making the choices he was making it just didn't make to much sense to me it was just like all the sudden he has this idea not this one like he used to. It was just confusing especially since it's supposed to be written from Benson's point of view.

Oh and this book is more of the same idea of the last book just to get away. Like in the last book like there was no change of mind for Benson even after everything happened.
Yeah pretty boring, and hard to read because I just keep getting so confused.

I wanted to like this books and parts of it seemed like it was gonna be fun to read and like it was going somewhere, but this book really fell flat for me. I didn't really like it much at all. I wish I did but it just didn't happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment