Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Away (The Line #2) by Teri Hall

Synopsis:
After crossing the Line, Rachel finds herself in a world where survival is never guaranteed - a world where bizarre creatures roam the woods and people have strange abilities. Everything has gone to ruin Away and the survivors have banded into warring clans. Rachel finds her father being held prisoner by a tribe of Others, and she and her new friends set out to rescue him. But when they cross back over the Line, Rachel and Pathik make a foolish decision, bringing them into further danger that can only be resolved with an unthinkable sacrifice.

An adventure filled with life-and-death choices, dark conspiracies, and heart-poundingly suspenseful moments, this sequel delivers.

So the first book in this series I thought was absolutely horrible. I just kind of hated it. Now I read this book to see if it got better and to me it did. I don't know if it is because I lowered my standards for this book or if it was actually better. 
I felt like this book actually went somewhere unlike the other book.  I still don't get why some things were needed in the first book though. Also this second book was easier to follow. It didn't feel like it needed to be Rachel's point of view it feels more like it is following everyone and just certain people when it needs to.  I liked this book a lot better then the last one. Which is good cause now I would like to read the 3rd one. Hoping it has more action and more things going on with it though. Because this book like the last book kind of gets boring at time. 
Usually the last book in trilogies gets bad and horrible to read im hoping that since the first two aren't so great maybe the last one will be who knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment